December 6, 2012
Learn about MISSION UNITED, a critical new program which focuses on supporting the more than 110,000 veterans living in Broward County by helping them re-acclimate to civilian life. Currently Broward County does not have a military base to support these veterans and their families. Many are facing foreclosure, unemployment, legal issues, depression, anxiety and other mental health challenges.
Under MISSION UNITED, United Way of Broward County, the American Red Cross, and other organizations are partnering to ensure every military service member is “no more than two steps to help.” Discover from our panelists how our county is leading the nation by connecting veterans and their families with a wide array of services to make the transition easier and help them get their lives back.
- Ray Ferrero, Jr., J.D., Chancellor, Nova Southeastern University
- Colin Brown, Pres.& CEO, JM Family Enterprises. Inc.
- Kathleen Cannon, CEO, United Way of Broward County
- Sam Tidwell, CEO, American Red Cross, South Florida Region
- Colonel Lee Walters, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Southern Command
MODERATOR: Tracy Mandart, Regent Financial Services
SPONSOR: Regent Bank