Legacy Bank Building
12 Southeast 7th Street, Suite 606
Fort Lauderdale FL 33301
Phone: (954) 712-3070
Fax: (954) 337-3824
David Di Pietro is an AV Preeminent® rated trial attorney who focuses his legal practice in the areas of probate litigation, trust litigation, guardianship law, commercial and business litigation, medical malpractice defense, construction litigation, personal injury and election law. David is an experienced and aggressive trial attorney that has tried over fifty (50) jury trials and numerous bench trials. David is also a member of the Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar.
David began his career as an Assistant State Attorney with the Broward State Attorney’s Office. As an Assistant State Attorney, David gained invaluable legal and trial experience. Further, as a prosecutor, David handled serious criminal cases ranging from trafficking in illegal narcotics to attempted murder on a law enforcement officer.
After leaving the Broward State Attorney’s Office, David joined a prestigious law firm in Fort Lauderdale. During this time, David represented individuals and businesses in a variety of business related matters in state and federal courts, including those involving contractual claims, temporary injunctions, permanent injunctions, fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, real estate, construction disputes, shareholder disputes and derivative actions. Furthermore, David represented individuals in personal injury, legal malpractice, elder exploitation, and guardianship disputes.
In September of 2011, Florida Governor Rick Scott appointed David Commissioner of the North Broward Hospital District (Broward Health) – one of the 10th largest health systems in the U.S. Further, Governor Mitt Romney appointed David Chairman of his Broward County Presidential Election Committee. David was also part of the campaign management team for Broward County Commissioner Chip LaMarca’s successful election. David previously served as general counsel for the Broward Republican Executive Committee. David is also a board member for Broward Days, a local civic group that advocates on behalf of local interests in the State Capital.
David is a life long resident of South Florida. He received his Bachelors of Science from Florida State University’s College of Business with a major in finance. David graduated cum laude from Nova Southeastern University’s College of Law. David is admitted to practice in all Florida State Courts as well as all Federal Courts for Florida’s Southern District.
- Bachelors of Science – Florida State University, College of Business – Major in finance.
- Juris Doctorate, cum laude – Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center.
- Commissioner, North Broward Hospital District (Broward Health).
- Chairman, Mitt Romney for President, Inc.’s Broward County Election Delegation.
- Board Member, Broward Days.
- Member, Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar.
- Former Assistant State Attorney (May 2005 – April 2008).
- Former General Counsel, Broward Republican Executive Committee.
- Committeeman, Broward Republican Executive Committee.
- Rising Star, 2010 – Superlawyers.com
- AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
Admitted to Practice:
- All Florida Courts
- All Federal Courts for the Southern District of Florida
Peer Review Rated
for ethical standards and legal ability